By Suzanne Roberts Lukowsky
It's fall everyone! The leaves on the trees are beginning to turn a beautiful orange-brown color. The air is crisp and has a slight smell of pumpkins and vanilla. This is also the season for ragweed, and if you have allergies like I do, or just want to start getting your home fall ready, you may want to do these five (5) things today!
1. Wash or change your pillow case daily. Years ago, a colleague advised me to change my pillow case daily to cut down on allergens that may settle on my pillow via my hair or clothes.
2. If possible wash your hair everyday. This keeps any dirt, debris, or dust off of your pillow as well.
3. Vacuum your home daily or at least every other day. Less dust is always better.
4. Change out summer clothes and start displaying fall and winter items. By storing your summer clothes, it will help to cut down on clutter, and increases space in your closet. Don't forget to label your items, and purge clothes that you haven't worn all summer.
5. Last, but not least, change out your bed linens. In the summer, a light and airy blanket or sheet may be used when sleeping. A great way to save on money is to buy linens in colors that can be used throughout the year. This way, when you add or remove heavy comforters for the winter, you can use the other linens from prior seasons as well.
This was just a small nugget to help you with cleaning and organizing your space this fall. As the winter months approach, take time for yourself. If you are in school, schedule time to have fun in between study and class time. You will be happy that you did.
Thank you for reading this post. Comment down below with your fall cleaning and organizing tips. I would love to hear from you!
This post contains affiliate links.