Friday, November 9, 2018

How To Apply The 80/20 Rule To Your Home Organization.





How to apply the 80/20 Rule to your home organization?       

By 

Suzanne Roberts Lukowsky

            
Audible Romance Free Trial

What is the 80/20 Rule?


I have known about the 80/20 rule as something that was applied for relationships. I have shaken my head when some of my friends have left their girlfriends (80) for someone who could care less about them (20). 


So, how can the 80/20 rule apply to your life. 


One day when I was organizing my bathroom counter (see below) I saw that the 80/20 Rule could apply to my bathroom organization. How you ask? 


Well, the 80/20, also known as the "Pareto Principle" was developed in the early 1900's by Vilfredo Pareto who was an Italian economist. He created a mathematical equation to illustrate how wealth was unequally distributed. An example of this rule is:


80 percent of the monetary wealth is generated by a few 20% of the population, and the reverse is 20% of the population earns approximately 80% of the money generated. 


Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks 


But, how does this apply to my bathroom counter? 


 If you look, there is 80% clutter on the countertop, and therefore I only have about 20% space to work with. Who wants to brush their teeth in clutter?  I know that I don't, and it doesn't make me have that serene feeling about using my bathroom. So, this is an uneven distribution of the use of counterspace and therefore, I need to put my focus on utilizing 20% of the counterspace so that the remaining 80% is free and clear to be used as needed. 






With that said, lets go over the steps that I took to clean and organize the bathroom counter. 


1. First I removed all of the items on the counter and temporarily placed them on the floor. 


2. I then grouped like items together and any containers of shampoo, conditioner, or other half used bottles were filled.  Other bottles that were nearly empty,  I tossed.


3. Next, I looked at the expiration dates and tossed all outdated items . 


4. I placed all items in a designated home. 


5. I wiped down the counter with my favorite  spray


6. I placed my favorite circular mirrored tray and candle holder d├ęcor on the right hand corner of the countertop. 




7. Last, I placed a vanilla chai handsoap by Method™  on the left hand side of the sink and a tooth brush holder in the mirrored tray.
  



Looking at the finished product, 80% of the work took less than 20% of my time. Because I was focused, I was able to accomplish my task in a shorter period of time, so that I could focus and complete other tasks. 


Before 

After 


For assistance with your bathroom organization, we would love to help. Feel free to comment or send us a message, so that we can work on solving your organization concerns. 


Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
______________________________________________________________________________________
Shop the products mentioned in this post.


    



*This post contains affilliate links. Please see our disclaimer page for additional details.  The views and opinion in this post are 100% my own. The information is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or replace professional medical services. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mailing List

Subscribe to our mailing list

10 Amazing Christmas Gifts For 2019

By Suzanne Roberts Lukowsky The holiday season is here and you're still looking for the right gift to add to your  Christmas shopp...